Thursday, September 22, 2011

Futuristic Lover Tutorial


Futuristic Lover Tutorial
September 22nd 2011
By: KMLDesignz

Supplies needed:
Any version of PSP will work with a few adjustments and knowledge of the PSP version your using.
Tube of choice, I am using artwork by Elias Chatzoudis
www.elias-design.gr
This is PTU and you need a license to use it, which you can get @ PTE here
Scrap kit of choice, I am using E.T. Bundle by Sarah’s Design
http://www.pmtws-designsbysarah.blogspot.com/
You can purchase that @ PMTWS here and here
Font of choice, I am using Roelandt BT

Let’s Get Started.
Open up your supplies and minimize for now, open a new image 700*500, we can resize later or crop out once done if needed.

Open up your tube of choice, on your new image, pick out a frame of choice from your kit you are using, I am using frame 2 from mine.

C/P as a new layer, resize this one @ 85% smartsize once and sharpen once.
For this next step, I took pieces of my tube and fit them nicely into the frames, depending what frame your using and how many openings you have, pick the parts you want in them, I have 3 circles in mine so that means I pick 3 parts, Before I did this, pick out a paper of choice, I am using paper 6 from the kit I am using, resized this once @ 70% smartsize and sharpened twice. Erase or click invert to get rid of any that hangs over, bring this below the frame layer.

Now pick out your tube layers and have them nicely fit into each part of your frame you have.
Add a drop shadow to the frame layer, V&H-1 Opacity-100 Blur-2 Color-BLK
I then changed the blend mode to each tube layer to make it blend nicely and look different in each frame. I picked Hardlight for the close up of the face, Luminance for the close up of the back of the tube and then Hardlight again for the other part I picked out.

Then C/P your tube again, above all layers and resize this one nicely depending which tube your using, to fit nicely on the tag, I moved mine to the right of the tag some, added same drop shadow as before.
Each tube layer I also added clarify to each of them using the settings of 5, this is optional.

Now Let’s Decorate Your Taggie.

Open up a ribbon of choice, I am using ribbon 3 from mine, C/P as new layer, resize this @ 70% smartsize 4 times and sharpen twice, add same drop shadow as before, I placed this on the top of the tag on the left side.
Open up stars of choice, I am using stars 1 from my kit, C/P as new layer, resize this one @ 70% smartsize twice and sharpen once, same drop shadow as before, I placed this behind all layers, duplicated once and had them peak out on both sides of the tag, you can merge these two together.

Open up a sun of choice, C/P as new layer, resize this one @ 70% smartsize once and add a drop shadow to is, same as before just change the opacity to 31 for this one, I brought this below the layers but above the stars, peak it out some on the left side like its rising.

Open up a spaceship of choice, I am using spaceship 3 from my kit, C/P as new layer, resize this one @ 70% smartsize three times and sharpen twice, same drop shadow as before. I placed this on the bottom right of the tag, above all layers.

Open up a cosmic splat of choice, I am using the one provided in my kit, any splat like thing will do, C/P as new layer, no resize, place behind all layers but above the stars, duplicate once and flip and have it peak out some, use sample as a guide.

Open up a bracket of choice, I am using the one in my kit, C/P as new layer, resize this one 3 times @ 70% smartsize, sharpen twice and same drop shadow as before. I placed this on the left side of the taggie above all layers.

Open up an Alien of choice, I am using Alien 2 from the kit I am using, C/P as new layer, resize this one @ 70% smartsize 3 times then once @ 85% smartsize and sharpen twice, same drop shadow as before, I placed this little guy inside the spaceship so it looks as if he is driving it, make sure its below the spaceship layer but above all other layers.

Open up a light ray of choice, I am using  the abduction light from the kit I am using, C/P as new layer, resize 3 times @ 70% smartsize and sharpen once, duplicate once and add a drop shadow to the duplicated layer ONLY, then change the opacity of this layer to 40, place these over the spaceship and alien layer.

Open up a knot of choice, I am using knot 1 from my kit I am using, resize this @ 70% smartsize 3 times and sharpen twice, same drop shadow as before, I placed this on the right side of tag above all layers.

Open up a button of choice, I am using button 1 from my kit I am using, C/P as new layer, resize this @ 70% smartsize 5 times and sharpen at least 3 times, same drop shadow as before, I duplicated this twice and placed them around the frame of the taggie, use sample as guide or place where you think they will look best.

Open up a word art of choice, I am using wordart 1 from the kit I am using, resize once @ 85% smartsize and then once more @ 80% smartsize, sharpen once, I added a inner bevel to mine and then a black gradient glow to mine and same drop shadow as before, I placed this one on the bottom of the tag some above all layers. Pick out another word art of choice, I am using # 5 from the kit again, and repeat the steps as the other one but place this on the top of the tag some over the frame.

Open up your font of choice and add your name and any copyright info that belongs to the tag, and save as a png or jpg and you’re done! Thanks for trying my tut, hope you liked the new one.

0 comments: