Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Live Tutorial

Supplies Needed
1 Graphic of choice
The one I used Here
Elements of Choice (at least 2)
(Ribbon and Bow)
Doodle of choice (just one)
Font Of Choice
Frame By Me Here
Other supplies Here
Word art of choice or one I used by
Kimmy (KLS_WA)
Here
(a little comment doesn't hurt if you download.)
Scrap kit of Choice
The one I used is
Sagittarius PTU kit by Stacey's Designs
and I can't provide it.
You may purchase it at her sites and browse her other great kits.
http://snmcreationz.blogspot.com/
http://www.staceysdesigns.us/

Open new image 650*400
we will resize later
Take the frame I provided
paste as a new layer on your new image we just made
Take your magic wand and click inside the frame
expand by 2
Take your graphic you are using or the one I put in the supplies
choosing your own, makes the tag more of your design :)
paste as a new layer
I resized mine @ 70% smartsize with all layers NOT checked
I did this 3 times,
it depends on your graphic you use or to what you like.
Then use Unsharpen mask with these settings
(this is under adjust then sharpen)
Radius-1.00 Strength-64 Clipping-4
I did this twice
Click invert, then delete, then invert again, select none.
Make sure you bring this graphic below the frame layer.

I then gave my frame layer a drop shadow with these settings
V&H-1 Opacity-100 Blur-3.00 color-blk
Just once.
Then for my graphic again, this is optional, totally up to you.
I used the filter factory J plugin and then toners
and used these settings to give my graphic a little something.
Red- 9 Green-14 Blue- 15
If you do this, I did this twice with the same settings,
I encourge to play around with the settings, have fun with it :)

Time to add stuff to your tag.

Now for the supplies I did provide I will explain how I did those, any other supplies you do use, you can just look at my example and wing it with which ever you use.

Open the live tutorial supplies you downloaded
Take the staple layer and copy. Pase this on your image you just made with the graphic.
I resized mine once @ 40% smartsize and used the same unsharpen settings as before.
I then duplicated once, then merged down together, Just the staples nothing else.
I then duplicated again and flipped once.
Look at my example for placing or place how you like.

In the same supplies take the note book paper layer, copy. Paste this on your image and I resized this layer @ 60% smartsize once, same unsharpen settings as before once.
I added the same drop shadow as I did the frame before.
I duplicated this once, them merged together the 2 layers, then duplicated again and then I flipped it this time and then mirrored. Look at my example for placement or place how you like.

This part of the tag making is up to you.
Take the ribbon of choice you are going to use and paste on your image we are creating.

I resized mine at 60% smartsize, judge your sizing by the ribbon you picked.
Same sharpen settings as before.
I also colored my supplies to match my graphic, you can do the same or leave them as is.

Open up the bow of choice you are using and resize to your liking and place in the top left corner like mine above or to were ever you like :)

The word art I provided or one you picked, open this up, I merged the layers together on the one I used and resized it once @ 60% smartsize once and colored mine white.
I added the same drop shadow as before. Then duplicated it once so it pops out more. Then merged those layers together, just the word art layers.
If using another, please resize it to your liking or what looks best.

Open doodle of choice (if you use one) and paste as a new layer, for the one I used, I resized it once @ 40% smartsize, do to your liking if you want.
I colored mine again to match the tag.
Then added a drop shadow with these settings
V&H- 1 Opacity- 100 Blur- 1.00 color- Blk
Duplicate the doodle once, merge together these 2 layers, then duplicate again. I then flipped it and mirrored to place it on the other side, Adjust so its peeking out just some.

Once you are done and happy with your results, pick a font and add your name or anything else you might want and add any copyright/watermark info and save. Make sure you crop out the excess background or resize the tag to your liking, I cropped mine.

And you are done, I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool tutorial....

Lovely said...

Great tut hun, thanks for sharing it. and pretty blog btw :)

Michelle said...

great tut hun... I loved it. toodles Chelle